From K-LUG WikiJump to navigationJump to search
As of May 2021, The IRC server has been offline for some time. This information is left as a historical reference.
As of February 2015, the IRC channel is not very well populated. If you want to hang out there and encourage others to do so as well, post a message to the email list to see if there's any interest in reviving this community.
K-LUG has our own IRC server setup at irc.k-lug.org. We're in the #klug channel. Stop on over... we'll keep a light on for you.
A quick intro to IRC
- Find a IRC client you like. X-Chat (www.xchat.org) or Pidgin (www.pidgin.im) are good ones. The Chatzilla add-on for Firefox is good too.
- Add a server entry for irc.k-lug.org (firefox addon works well with this link: irc://irc.k-lug.org/klug)
- Join the #klug channel
- Now you should be in the channel..just introduce yourself and pass around the drinks.
- To send a private message to someone type '/msg nick Message' where nick is the user's nickname on the channel and Message is what you want to tell them.
- For more information on IRC please see http://www.irchelp.org.