Tuesday March 17th: Irish Heritage Day and Rube Goldberg device
Celebrating Irish Heritage through potato guns, plus construction (outside) of a messy Rube Goldberg device.
6:30 pm at Tina's house, directions via email. We need people to bring a potato gun (Dennis?), potatoes, and a target. For the Rube Goldberg device, we need people to bring ideas of what useless/useful thing we want it to accomplish, plus all sorts of interesting things to incorporate into it. Snack food contributions and lanterns would also be good.
|Name||# of self/family/friends||Idea for RG||RG supplies||Potato gun supplies||Food/lanterns|
|Tina Wood||2||Fire the potato gun||??||??||Carrots, pumpernickle bread, spinach dip|
|Dennis DeLorme||2||x||x||potato gun|
|Tim M||1||x||Rope, heavy junk, pvc pipe, vice bench, duct tape||potatoes||chips&dip|
|Your name here||x||x||x||potato target||x|
|Aaron Albertson||1||I expect inspiration to strike when all materials are assembled||diet Coke and Mentos + nozzle||x||umm... Still thinking...|
|Will Schmidt||2 (?)||waiting for that inspirational moment before deciding||x||x||lantern/spotlight|
|Your name here||x||x||x||x||x|
If you like the idea, please let us know!
- Sledding (but where? (judd hill and eastwood park are official sites in roch for sledding, stewartville has a sledding hill))
- Snowshoeing and/or cross country skiing at Quarry Hill. They also rent equipment. (Nerstrand Big Woods state park also has showshoes for rent)
- Mini golf
- Canoe trip (this would have to be at least a half day trip to the Root River)
- Ice cream social
- Kite flying
- Frisbee golf
- Roadside or river litter cleanup
- Geocaching - perhaps we can borrow some devices and have several practice caches set up, or perhaps we can team up to find some more challenging targets. Probably also a multi-hour social.
- Orienteering event or practice field trip
- Snow tubing and/or skiing at Steeplechase (No good, Steeplechase is closed for 2007-2009 seasons)
- WWFM (World Wide Flash Mob), the next one is Saturday, May 2nd, 2009
- Goonies Comedy Club
- Whistle Binkies / Westfire / Beetles / Whisky Bones / other locations with adult beverages and now smoke free!
- pwned game center gaming night (did 12/08) or Area 51 Gaming
- Movies (upcoming sci fi movie releases include Watchmen, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Star Trek XI, Terminator IV, Transformers II, or whatever you have to suggest)
- Discussion of experience of being an election judge, next time we meet someplace that's not too loud
- Board and card games. Some members are fans of Robo Rally and Munchkin
- Ice skating at the Rec Center, skate rentals available
- RC helicoptor/plane flying at the Rec Center. Tuesday nights, 7-10 pm. Bring your own UFO. Free.
- Rube Goldberg device, built out of whatever we brought. Include Diet Coke and Mentos?
- Potato guns!
- Baking geeky cookies
- Take an introductory archery session at Archery Headquarters
- Museum field trip:
- Bell Museum of Natural History in Minneapolis, Science Museum of Minnesota in St. Paul
- Putnam Museum & IMAX Theatre in Davenport IA for the May 23 - Sept. 8, 2009 GPS Adventure exhibit. Details on what the exhibit would be like can be found here http://www.minotaurmazes.com/mazedetail.html?maze=19
- Leonardo's Basement has adult projects at Studio Bricolage (Jan topic was build a jacob's ladder and other high voltage projects )
- Your suggestion here, please (or email tina)